The news is full of bail-out reports from around the world, Portugal, especially these days – so how does that relate to home decor? DIY home owners need a stimulus package, too! Good Housekeeping has some great decorating ideas for $35 or less – so decorate away on a guilt-free ticket!
Here are some of my favorite decorating ideas for $35 or less:
- Flaunt a Frame. Add oomph to a side table with an attention-getting frame, like a Moroccan-style piece in an intense shade of orange.
- Powerful Pillows. Energize a straightforward sofa with bold cushions: an island-floral, linen-cotton pillow cover and a sophisticated, olive green suede rectangle.
- Soak Up the Sun. Summer-ize a winter-weary window with café curtains in sunny stripes.
- Colorful Pots That Make Your Plants Green with Envy. Countertop in need of some life? Just pop potted herbs inside colorful perforated metal planters.
- Style, Stripes, and Everything Nice. Rehab a bed on a budget by pairing pillowcases in natty stripes and exuberant florals for doesn’t-have-to-match playfulness.
- Simple and Chic. A simple nightstand gets found-at-the-flea-market charm, thanks to a blue drawer pull.
- Bamboo in the Bathroom. Soften a too-sterile bathroom with a collection of warm-hued bamboo accessories.
- Desktop Do-Over. Disguise a less-than-perfect desktop and make the surface more welcoming with a cloth blotter in preppy green.