After much thought, I’ve decided to throw a small, classy get together for New Year’s Eve this year. I want to go for a “Sparkle and Snow” theme, so when I saw these fabric and lace lanterns on Two Shades of Pink I immediately bookmarked it. Not only do these fit in with my party theme, they look really easy to make. I’m beginning to get really excited about this party!
- • Craft lace
- • Modge Podge
- • Lanterns (these are form Lowe’s)
- 1. Paint your lantern with white paint (or any color paint you want).
- 2. Use Mod Podge to paste craft lace and sparkly organza material to cover the glass. You can use a paint brush to spread it on or just use your fingers.
- 3. After spreading the glue, smooth your fabric onto the glass. Wait until they are completely dry before placing them back into your lantern. You really don’t have to be precise when you cut out the pieces of fabric. Just lay the glass on top of the fabric and cut around it. The edges are hidden on the inside.
- 4. Be sure to place them inside with the fabric on the outside of the glass.
Other Ideas: You could also use Vellum paper or plastic paper. Tissue paper would work too and look lovely with that diffused glow look to it. Wrap lace around glass votives or even large vases and place larger candles in them.